We understand that the expense of school may be a strain on a family’s budget, and helping eligible families reduce their cost through scholarships is an important part of our program. We also keep our tuition as low as possible, while striving to provide a quality educational experience.
Most of our scholarship funds are provided by our parents and congregation who care about children and believe that Saint Miriam Academy provides a strong Catholic educational experience, a great first school experience, and a place where your faith and family life can grow strong.
Our process is as follows:
- APPLICATION: We provide the scholarship application to registered students. It is also available on our website. Tax forms and legal custody documents must be submitted with the application to confirm eligibility.
- DEADLINE: Applicants must submit their information by the first Friday of April by completing the form and mailing it to:
Saint Miriam Academy
475 Norristown Road
Blue Bell, PA 19422Alternately, you may also hand deliver a completed application to the Saint Miriam Parish office.
- NOTIFICATION: Our scholarship committee and the Director will review all applications, and will notify all applicants of their decisions by July 15.
- AGREEMENT: Applicants who are approved for a full or partial scholarship will receive a scholarship agreement outlining the school and family expectations for tuition payment and fulfillment of school policies, at which time they may accept or reject the scholarship. The agreement must be signed and returned to Saint Miriam Academy by August 15.
- LATE APPLICATIONS: Scholarship applications submitted after the first Friday of April will not be considered. However, families currently enrolled at Saint Miriam Academy who experience job loss or other financial difficulties during the school year may request financial assistance at any time. The Director, on an individual basis, will consider those requests.
- Our financial assistance fund is limited, and while all requests are considered, we cannot guarantee that all applicants will receive assistance. The decisions of the scholarship committee and Director are based on number of requests, family circumstances, and individual needs.
- QUESTIONS: Any questions that you have about the process may be directed to the Director at 610-941-9800.
Saint Miriam Academy, mindful of its mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any race, color, national origin/ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or religion with regard to instructional programs and employment practices. Saint Miriam Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin/ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or religion in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other school-administered programs. While Saint Miriam Academy does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services might not be available.