“Every Christian family is called to be a small ‘Domestic Church’ that must shine with the Gospel virtues.”– Saint Pope John Paul II
CFF (Children’s Faith Formation) becomes FFF (Family Faith Formation)!
Pre-K – 5th grade $120 per Family
The foundation of our parish’s faith formation will now be structured around the FAMILY…enabling the parents to be the primary (and best!) teacher of their child’s Catholic faith.
Our new program, to launch on September 24th, 2023, will include Three parts of Family Faith Formation:
- Families will meet ONCE a month on the 4th Sundays during the Morning Mass time from 11:00-11:45 a.m. Childcare will be provided for other children with reservations in advance. (This will allow parents to attend the 9:30am Family Mass together as a family with their children) They will receive materials ahead of the next month.
- Monthly assignments/activities are to be completed at home with the whole family and returned to our FFF Coordinator, Father Liam.
- Families are to attend Sunday Family Masses and Holy Days of Obligation regularly.
- Families are to learn the Rosary in-person on Sundays at 8:30am, (or via our Rosary Take Home Learning Kits!)
What about children between from 6th Grade to 9th Grade?
We got you covered!
For these children we recommend a Three-Fold Program:
1. Serve one day any Mass as an Acolyte, Reader, or Greet with your family to welcome everyone to the parish! This activity deepens their love and understanding of our faith!
2. Attend one day class with the Sacramental Group on the 1st or 3rd Sundays from 10:00-11:00am! This activity immerses them into thinking ahead with children on their way to their first sacrament!
3. Get packet monthly to take home on the last Sunday of every month or via email! This activity provides a family-centered approach to faith learning!
Year 1: First Holy Communion and Penance
First Holy Communion/Eucharist/Penance will require one full liturgical year of preparation (minus Summertime which will be off). Therefore, the family of a child wishing to receive First Reconciliation/Communion next year is required to do the following:
- Enroll in Family Faith Formation (no more than 3 absences accepted) and complete one Mass journal reflection per month (October through April…7 total reflections).
- Attend Sacramental Preparation Classes (FHC and CONFIRMATION) scheduled as follows:
The First and Third Sundays of Every month from October – May from 10:00am to 11:00am (Children will exit Mass after Gospel)
Year 2 Confirmation (Typically 9th & 10th Grade): $75/Child
Sacrament of Confirmation require two consecutive years of preparation. Y1 (must be completed prior) and Y2 Confirmation classes will meet twice a month on The First and Third Sundays of Every month from October – May from 10:00-11:00 a.m. (no more than 2 absences accepted). In addition, Y1 and Y2 students must complete one Mass journal reflection per month (October through April…7 total reflections) and within two years complete ten (10) service hours.
Information and Expectations
“God commanded our ancestors to teach their children; so that the generation to come might know, that they too may rise and declare to their children that they should put their hope in God.”– Psalm 78: 6
Welcome parents and students to an exciting year of Family Faith Formation (FFF) at Saint Miriam! We have many exciting lessons and activities planned for this upcoming year. We also have adapted changes to our program that will better prepare your children to learn about our faith, as well as prepare them for a life of Christian service as they become lifelong disciples!
All of our educators and chaperones are federally and state cleared and adhere to our child safety protocols. Learn more at our school site here.