Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
– Gospel of Matthew 19:14
Welcome to the Children’s Faith Formation (CFF) and Adult Parish Religious Education Programs
The Children’s Faith Formation (CFF) process at Saint Miriam Parish has at its core the tenets and traditions of our shared Catholic Faith tradition. A faith tradition rooted in a rich Catholic heritage that acts as our springboard into the realms of spiritual and personal growth in our inclusive and welcoming catholic community.
Our CFF Catechists, CFF Aides, and CFF Support Staff – all who touch and participate in the CFF process – provide by their lived faith experience the tools our students will take with them on their own journey of faith. We share with our Benedictine brothers and sisters in the mantra: … pray often and everywhere….
Choose Your Path!
For Parish CFF Opportunities we offer two main areas of concentration based on formational needs of the participants.
Our Sacramental and Confirmation CFF students gather from September to June on Sunday mornings. Adult and Marriage PREP is scheduled throughout the year. Please see our weddings page by clicking here for more information on Marriage Programs.
Registered members of the Saint Miriam are encouraged to enroll their children in the CFF program no later than August 15th of the year of enrollment to begin in September.
All parents, as well as any registered, active member of the parish, are encouraged to also volunteer and ‘help-out’ at CFF. We are always in need of catechists, classroom aides, monitors, et al. For more information please contact the Parish office at: 215-836-9800, or Contact Us here.
We are all involved in God’s work and God’s saving plan so please be open to the movement of the Holy Spirit in your life! Please pray to hear the Holy Spirit speak to you regarding how you can share your faith, time and talent to the continuing success of our religious education programs.
In the spirit of Stewardship we are called to reflect on: What have I been given? What is expected of me? How am I to respond? No greater gift can be given to engage our young people to prepare them as strong and healthy Catholics.
Our Areas of CFF/PREP include:
- Sacramental CFF (formally CCD): The foundational preparation toward First Holy Communion, Confession, and a life within the Catholic faith.
- Confirmation CFF: A process toward receiving their Confirmation at the hands of our Diocesan Bishop for our youth who have made their First Holy Communion.
- Adult PREP (aka RCIA, Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults): An “inquiry and learning process” for those who wish to know more about the Catholic faith and to become active and vibrant members of our Church. It also serves as a helpful review, or update, for all practicing Catholics who wish to refresh their faith journey and deepen their faith.
- PREPlay: Our new Liturgical Play program for three and four year old children that prepares them for more formal CFF Learning Classes!
- Marriage PREP (formally Pre-Cana): a process for couples to survey themselves and their faith prior to entering into the Covenant of Marriage. Classes are scheduled in advance, learn more Here.