Saint Miriam is enhancing the way we serve those experiencing homelessness. Our new commitment is entitled, Human First @ Saint Miriam and will follow a “Housing First” concept, not the faulty linear ‘residential treatment’ construct or ‘continuum of care’ models that require forced initial change.
Saint Miriam will deepen its commitment by:
Offering temporary, transitional residential housing units at our main campus and renewing our commitment to the Kensington area of Philadelphia.
We Will Provide:
– Support/Wrap-Around Services
– Public Health/Harm Reduction Work
– Safer Use Kit Distribution
– Needs Assessment and Referrals
– Transition Support
Weekly Outreach will Include:
– Nutritional Support Bags (2,000 calories)
– Hygiene Support Kits
– Food for Pets of this experiencing homelessness
– Socks and Small Clothing Items Seasonally
– Spiritual Support and Services via our Dinner Church Mode