At Saint Miriam, we’re proud of the partnerships we’ve made with Bombas, Philabundance, Small Things Philly, The Everywhere Project. The Joy of Socks and others! (See the full list below.)
The storage, production, assembly and distribution of warm meals made in our own kitchen are far more important than any single person; it’s about the over 1 million guests who would NOT have gotten a warm meal, a pair of new socks, a nutrition or hygiene care bag – all with their dignity intact.
- The Everywhere Project
- Small Things Philly
- The Gibson Family Foundation
- Philly Unknown
- Bombas Socks
- Joy of Socks
- Angies Vietnamese Cuisine
- Hellen Haggie and London Sunday Love Project
- Prevention Point Philadelphia
- Link Family
- Sharing Excess
- Albertsons Co. Foundation
- Food Connect
- Savage Sisters
- The Red Cross of SE PA
- The Philadelphia Department of Health
- Unity Taco
- The Last Stop
- Aldo & Manny Pizza
- Interfaith Food Cupboard
- Penns Ride +
- Family Promise Montco PA
- And many more individuals and donors!
Our Human First Outreach Initiative, since the pandemic began in March 2020 has officially reached over 709,465 meals to those experiencing homelessness and food insecurity!
- 368,125 meal servings in 2021-2022
- 709,465 meals served since the pandemic
- 75,000 Human First nutrition bags
- 150,000 hot meals
- 8.25 tons of fruit and produce
- 860,000 bottles of water and juice
- 1.65 million bottles of water since the pandemic
- 50,000+ cans of soda
- 26.5 tons of clothing
- 2,400 hats
- 3000+ pairs of gloves
- 3,963 blankets
- 6,000+ socks
During the pandemic, while so many other non-profits closed in fear, lack of volunteers, or to the lack of funding, Saint Miriam stepped up and literally self-funded many times to bring people what they needed – and to exemplify what being treated as “Human First” really means!
Not Just for Us!
Human First Outreach at Saint Miriam also supplied 16 non-profits that work on the streets with:
- 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer
- 18,000 bottles of surface sanitizer
- 2,400 tubs of sanitizer wipes
(The Everywhere Project, our partner, does group training for strips and Narcan at Love Park and our Love Lot where we also offer individual training.)
- 1,200+ doses of Naloxone distributed
- 1,200+ fentanyl test strips
- 612,00+ disposable surgical masks
- 17,000+ bottles of hand sanitizer
Our Outreach Director, Tom Frey deserves a huge round of thanks! If not for his leadership, along with Monsignor Jim, for his unwavering support and financial access, we would never have been able to serve those in need.
The mission continues!
Without individual donors like you we would not make it! Please give generously and help us in our next exciting leg of our journey!