CFF (Children’s Faith Formation) becomes FFF (Family Faith Formation)!
Pre-K – 5th grade $120 per Family
The foundation of our parish’s faith formation will now be structured around the FAMILY…enabling the parents to be the primary (and best!) teacher of their child’s Catholic faith.
“Every Christian family is called to be a small ‘Domestic Church’ that must shine with the Gospel virtues.”
– Saint Pope John Paul II
Our new program, to launch on September 24th, 2023, will include Three parts of Family Faith Formation:
1) Families will meet ONCE a month on the 4th Sundays during the Morning Mass time from 11:00-11:45 a.m. Childcare will be provided for other children with reservations in advance. (This will allow parents to attend the 9:30am Family Mass together as a family with their children) They will receive materials ahead of the next month.
2) Monthly assignments/activities are to be completed at home with the whole family and returned to our FFF Coordinator, Father Liam.
3) Families are to attend Sunday Family Masses and Holy Days of Obligation regularly.
4) Families are to learn the Rosary in-person on Sundays at 8:30am, (or via our Rosary Take Home Learning Kits!)
Year 1: First Holy Communion and Penance
First Holy Communion/Eucharist/Penance will require one full liturgical year of preparation (minus Summertime which will be off). Therefore, the family of a child wishing to receive First Reconciliation/Communion next year is required to do the following:
1. Enroll in Family Faith Formation (no more than 3 absences accepted) and complete one Mass journal reflection per month (October through April…7 total reflections).
2. Attend Sacramental Preparation Classes (FHC and CONFIRMATION) scheduled as follows: The First and Third Sundays of Every month from October – May from 10:00am to 11:00am (Children will exit Mass after Gospel)
Year 2 Confirmation (Typically 9th & 10th Grade): $75/Child
Sacrament of Confirmation require two consecutive years of preparation. Y1 (must be completed prior) and Y2 Confirmation classes will meet twice a month on The First and Third Sundays of Every month from October – May from 10:00-11:00 a.m. (no more than 2 absences accepted). In addition, Y1 and Y2 students must complete one Mass journal reflection per month (October through April…7 total reflections) and within two years complete ten (10) service hours.
OCIA (Formerly RCIA):
Order of Christian Initiation of Adults (O.C.I.A.) is a spiritual journey in faith to discover what it means to follow Jesus as a Catholic Christian and the joy and freedom that can result from journeying with Christ. Every year adults are welcomed into the Catholic Community through O.C.I.A.
O.C.I.A. is for three groups of people:
1. Those who have never been baptized in any faith,
2. People who were baptized in another Christian faith, and
3. Baptized Catholics who have never received the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
There is no Cost for Order of Christian Initiation of Adults is for anyone wishing to seek full communion with the Catholic Church through the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and/or Confirmation.
Small Group OCIA Classes will meet from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. on Thursdays following Adoration. A minimum of 1 liturgical year (December – following November) is required (minus Summertime, which is OFF)